How to Update Your Kitchen with Stainless Steel Appliances
Looking for a way to breathe new life into your outdated kitchen? Here’s how to update your kitchen with stainless steel appliances
Your kitchen often acts as the heart of your home. You spend so much time in there providing delicious meals for your family and spending quality time with loved ones. This means that your kitchen needs to be inviting, welcoming, and all-embracing.
There comes a time when your kitchen just feels old and drab. And, if this is because you have not updated your kitchen in a while, then you can definitely lose those warm feelings a kitchen should bring. Thankfully, by making a few adjustments, you can have your kitchen shining like new. You may not want to leave it!
If you are ready to update your kitchen and add some stainless steel appliances, here’s what you need to do.
A Kitchen with Stainless Steel Appliances Stands Out
First and foremost, if you do not have stainless steel appliances in your home, you need to add them. And, since you have found your way here, there is a good chance you already understand that. So, why stainless steel? Why can these appliances make such a drastic difference to a kitchen?
Stainless steel appliances shine. They are sleek and modern, yet add a bit of elegance, too. Stainless steel appliances easily brighten up a kitchen and make it welcoming – without necessarily touching any other aspect of the space. But, let’s be honest, if you want to update your kitchen with some new stainless steel appliances, why not update the entire kitchen?
We’ve got some great ideas for you to update your kitchen with some new stainless steel appliances and create a beautiful kitchen space.
Choose Original Stainless Steel or Black Stainless Steel
Before we can move any further, though, it is important that you make the decision as to which type of stainless steel appliances you want to add to your kitchen. Yes, that’s right – you’ve got choices.
So, will it be the timeless stainless steel or the newly trending black stainless steel?
Both have their qualities. Stainless steel has a bit more of a shine to its finish while black stainless steel is more matte. However, both are lustrous and the perfect addition to any kitchen.
Here is a breakdown of the perks of each:
- Stainless steel is timeless. It is a well-known appliance finish that will stand out to anyone who enters the room. And, it lives up to its high position very well.
- This type of finish is easy to care for, requiring only regular cleaning using warm water and a soft cloth. Fingerprints or smudges are easy to remove by using a soft cloth on its own.
- Stainless steel appliances will match nearly any design style. They can look modern, sleek, elegant, and even fit in a retro kitchen.
- This is a durable finish that will stand up to the test of time, no matter what life throws at it.
- This type, believe it or not, seems to be a little less likely to display fingerprints and smudges all over the finish.
- To clean black stainless steel, a simple solution of warm water and a soft cloth are all that you need. Sometimes, just a soft cloth will get the job done.
- If you want to make a bold statement in your kitchen, black stainless steel appliances are the way to go. Because they are so trendy, you will stand out from other kitchens.
- You will find that the black matte finish is very versatile when paired with other colors and design structures. However, whites and grays do tend to pop with these appliances.
Keep in mind that adding either of these types of appliances to your kitchen can increase the value of your home.
Check Out the Best Design Styles
Designing a kitchen with stainless steel does not have to make it feel cold or sterile. Instead, these appliances become the focal point – everything else is designed around them.
Contemporary styles with their sleek design and industrial look work well with stainless steel appliances. However, modern and elegant designs with rich tones bring a sort of subtle surrounding to the bright appliances. After all, stainless steel appliances are elegant themselves, and they demand the attention of those who enter. When paired with wonderful surroundings, you’ve got a great addition to the kitchen.
So, what if retro or bistro is more your style? Then you don’t have to worry – stainless steel works well with them, too. Use bright colors around the bright finish for a fun, eclectic look.
Find Your Color
If you love color, then you will stainless steel appliances. Not because they themselves are colorful, but because they pair well with so many different colors. This means you can design and re-create your kitchen in a rainbow of colors – either with paint, backsplash, flooring, cabinetry, décor, furniture, etc. – without ever having to worry about whether your appliances will fit.
Here are the most well-suited colors for your stainless steel appliances:
- Whites – all shades
- All shades of gray
- Natural browns and woods
And, single colors or combinations, such as:
- Reds, oranges, and yellows
- Aqua and lime
- Blue and violet
The idea would be for your kitchen to flow between color and stainless steel. And, they will – as long as you keep your color selections complementary to one another.
Stainless Steel Just Works
When it boils down to it, stainless steel just works. When you are choosing to update your kitchen, avoid the old white and beige appliances that filled up kitchens so long ago. They may be cheaper, but you will also lose some class and design style if you step away from stainless steel.
Now that you know how to update your kitchen with stainless steel appliances, you can start deciding which appliances you want.
There is no question as to why stainless steel has been a popular choice for so many years. It is beautiful. If you are updating your kitchen, then you won’t want to leave out this addition. Brighten up your space and give your friends and loved ones the perfect place to enjoy life – and enjoy all that your new professional appliances have to offer.