How to Create a Luxury Kitchen You Love
If you spend a lot of time in the kitchen, you know first-hand how important it is to love every aspect of it. Everything from the layout, color, and kitchen appliances have an impact on the overall feel of your kitchen.
So, how can you improve it?
In this article, we’re sharing a few tips you can use to create a luxury kitchen of your own.
How to Create a Luxury Kitchen
If there is one room in your home that you should splurge on, it is the kitchen. It is the heart of your home – and it’s the most used space. Therefore, when it comes time to creating a luxury kitchen, you shouldn’t have to think twice about it.
Why? For one thing, you know that your friends and your family will enjoy spending time in a space that both looks and feels good. Also, you will love spending time in your luxury kitchen creating healthy and delicious meals for your loved ones. Oh, and you should know that investing in your kitchen can increase the overall value of the home.
So, now that you know why you need a luxury kitchen, let’s talk about how to create one, shall we?
What’s in a Luxury Design?
Anyone who has dabbled in design knows that there are certain elements that are key to specific designs. This same concept holds true for luxury designs, as well. If you want a luxury kitchen, then you need to be sure that it includes the following elements:
- Architectural details.
- Selection of proper materials.
While it is not always the case, many luxuriously-designed kitchens also have energy conservation and other green elements added into the mix, too.
Determine Your Desired Layout
One of the first steps in creating a luxury kitchen is determining the layout for that kitchen. There are many options to choose from, some being more functional than others, and some dependent solely on the amount of space you have to work with. We are going to take a look at the three most common kitchen layouts.
Galley kitchens. This type of kitchen works wonderfully if you have a smaller space. It is a kitchen that is formed between two walls, two islands, or any combination of the two. The idea is that it is a straight-thru passage area, without any turns or extras. Galley kitchens are efficient kitchens that can be luxurious but don’t usually offer as many perks as other layouts.
L-shaped kitchens. This type of kitchen looks just like the letter L – how it obviously gets its name. It is designed much like the galley kitchen, but it has additional space for cooking, cleaning, storage, etc.
U-shaped kitchens. If you are wanting the ultimate luxurious kitchen, then you want to consider the u-shaped design. This type has three walls for you to install appliances, countertops to prep on, and cabinets for storage. However, the space in u-shaped kitchens is often large enough for you to also add an additional island in the middle, creating the u-shape.
If you want a luxury kitchen, you can’t just have any countertops. Instead, you need something that is going to scream out durability, strength, and supremacy. Consider having your counters made of one of the following: stone, marble, granite, or tile.
More recently, there has been a trend forming that combines two types of countertops in the same kitchen. The idea is to create a space of beauty and functionality – without losing the look and feel of luxury. For instance, if you have a u-shaped kitchen, install marble countertops on all three wall sides. However, when installing your island, consider using stainless steel or even a custom-designed wooden butcher block.
The type of cabinets you choose is very important to the design of your kitchen. This is especially true of those kitchens with upper and lower cabinets. When walking into the kitchen, you will find that the multitude of cabinets speaks volumes. So, if luxury is what you are going for, you will want the cabinets to look the part.
It does not matter if you choose dark, rich wood, grey or even white cabinetry. Just be sure you invest in well-constructed, custom-designed cabinetry with classy hardware that looks as elegant and luxurious as you want your kitchen to be.
The Special Touches
When you walk into a luxury kitchen, your eyes should be drawn to certain things. And, when it comes to working in a luxury kitchen, there should be convenient surprises at every turn. Not sure what we mean? Let’s take a closer look.
Consider adding these special touches to your luxury kitchen:
- A custom backsplash. Depending on the colors and overall design of your kitchen, create a backsplash that fits the mold and stands out. Make it a functional piece of artwork in your kitchen.
- Lighting is incredibly important in a kitchen. But, what if you could have good lighting and make a bold statement? Consider using a unique chandelier or other lighting fixture in the middle of your kitchen. This will be eye-catching and can work as a centerpiece for space.
- Why not add a touchless faucet? When you are working in the kitchen, you should be washing your hands often. But, when you have dirty hands, turning on the faucet can be both unsanitary and dirty. Adding a touchless faucet is one of those special touches that can take your kitchen a step above the rest.
Finally, your kitchen wouldn’t be a kitchen if it did not have any appliances, right? But, if you are creating a luxury kitchen, you can’t just settle for any old appliance. Instead, you need appliances that are going to fit the part.
Let’s take a look at some of the key attributes that designate a luxury appliance:
- Stainless steel appliances. This finish works with nearly every design style and provides a shiny, timeless look. Stainless steel is durable and will continue to look good for many years.
- Professional style. You need strength and durability when it comes to appliances. Invest in those that are designed with great quality.
- Innovative features and great technology. A luxury kitchen should have appliances that are efficient and have perfected what they were created to do.
Finally, your appliances should be uniform and fit your kitchen. Don’t mix and match appliances and don’t settle for anything less than the best.
Creating a luxury kitchen requires you to set your sights high. And, once all the design elements come together, you will be left with space you will never want to leave.