How to Decorate a Kitchen with Black Appliances
The appearance of your kitchen appliances often determines how you decorate your kitchen. In light of the popularity of black stainless steel, we thought it might be helpful to share some ideas regarding darker appliances.
Here’s how to decorate a kitchen with black appliances.
How to Decorate a Kitchen with Black Appliances
Kitchens have gone through many changes over the years. From appliances in the color of pea soup and bring pink kitchen cabinets to linoleum and appliances with wooden accents, there has been a world of the rainbow in between. Thankfully, however, in 2019 these fads are behind us.
Trending today is black stainless steel appliances. And, decorating your kitchen with them leaves you with a ton of options.
Are you ready to infiltrate your kitchen with black appliances? Let’s take a minute to check out the options you have to decorate your kitchen.
Determine Your Style
Black appliances can just about fit into any style. The dark color fits well in contrast with the dark wood cabinets, floors, and countertops of an elegantly styled kitchen. For those who prefer a more modern touch, you will be happy to know that black appliances are trending right now – and becoming ever increasingly so. This means that you will find them more and more in modern kitchen designs without the fear of having an outdated look.
Simple, contemporary design styles also work well with black stainless steel appliances. The sleek look offers an amazing addition to the kitchen. The will flow seamlessly from one end of your kitchen to the next.
Perhaps the best part about decorating with black appliances is the fact that they can go with just about any color. Just like a black suit or dress, black appliances can be paired up – and make the contrasting color pop. This opens many doors for your design ideas to flow through. Where will they take you?
The Kitchen Walls
The walls of your kitchen are there to give it a defined space. They separate it from the rest of your house so that the kitchen has a designated area to call its own. In other words, these walls are important. Having them flow well with your black appliances is even more important.
You have a couple of options when it comes to what you choose for your kitchen walls. If you are looking for a color that will complement the darkness of your black appliances, then you may want to consider the following: a light yellow, a crisp white, a soft beige, or a light grey. These are neutral colors that won’t take over for there the rest of the kitchen has a voice.
Choosing to paint your walls a soft, neutral color means that you have a chance to get a little wild with things such as the backsplash. Whether you choose to add a backsplash behind your sink, your stove, or in multiple areas, you can choose something that is bold and stands out if you wish. This will add color and character without going overboard. Pro tip: If you are looking to add a bit of cool to the dark appliance, add light colors in your backsplash. If you’d prefer to add warm tones to the appliances and give the kitchen a warmer feel, consider a backsplash using golds and yellows.
The Kitchen Floors
You may walk on your floors, but they are still an important part of your kitchen. And, there are so many choices available to you these days. Here are a few examples:
- If you are decorating your kitchen with black appliances in a modern way, consider a black and white palette and go with dark floors. Black, wood-paneled floors will likely give you the look you are going for. Make sure it has a high-gloss finish if you are looking to gain a contemporary look.
- Brown, wide-plank, wood-paneled floods are a great option for those seeking a more traditional or elegant kitchen.
- Natural stone flooring is another option that gives your kitchen space a natural, earthy feel. If you are looking for tranquility and peace, then this may work for you.
- Feeling a bit nostalgic? What could go better in a kitchen with black appliances than black and white checkered flooring? This timeless look is fun and vibrant – and sure to make people want to hang around your kitchen a bit longer. Plus, it looks great with black appliances.
The Kitchen Cabinets
When it comes to decorating your kitchen with black appliances, the cabinets are likely the most attention-worthy item for you to focus on. Why? Because most appliances are installed directly within the cabinet area. This means that there is a hard comparison between the two immediately when you walk into the kitchen.
- White cabinets always work well with black appliances. Those white cabinets with chrome handle and pulls works even better. It will give your kitchen a modern or contemporary look.
- If you prefer a more traditional or warm kitchen appearance, then consider choosing dark cabinets and cupboards, such as those in cherry wood or any type of dark wood.
- Black cabinets can give your kitchen a dark and sleek appearance. This can definitely take a modern feel.
The Kitchen Countertops
Lastly, choosing the right countertop is important for your kitchen. Black appliances need special attention when designing and decorating. And, quite honestly, your countertops are a large part of your entire kitchen.
You want your countertop to enhance your black appliances, of course. But you also need to make sure it is functional for your needs. Spending a large amount of money on a specific granite countertop that isn’t going to hold up to your needs, then it could be a waste of money.
Perhaps choose a butcher-block or laminate type countertop in a color that will complement your appliances, cabinets, floors, and walls. This type of countertop is family friendly and can handle the daily use that comes its way without damage.
Now that you know how to decorate a kitchen with black appliances, you are ready to start brainstorming ideas.
Will you choose a modern design, traditional, or something completely different? Black appliances open the doors to a whole new world of kitchen design.