The kitchen refrigerator is one of the most important appliances in your home. Today, there is a wide variety available, which can make it difficult to find the perfect one for you.
In this article, we’re taking a closer look at some of the kitchen refrigerators available to help you get started.
How to Select the Perfect Kitchen Refrigerator
Refrigerators are such an important appliance which explains why there are so many kinds to choose from. Different colors, different styles, different features, different sizes – when you need a new one, you absolutely must take all these options into consideration to find the perfect kitchen refrigerator for you.
We know it’s a daunting task, so here are some ideas to help you select just what you are looking for.
Starting your Search
Not all refrigerators are created equal. To find the type that you like best, you must know the types available. Keep in mind that while some may seem similar, they each have their own perks and strong selling points.
- Top freezer. These top freezer refrigerators are perhaps the most financially affordable types on the market. They come with two doors – one to the smaller freezer section up top and the second for the larger (one door) refrigerator on the bottom. All in all, these are not well designed and do not usually offer many premier features.
- Bottom freezer. A top door refrigerator with a bottom drawer freezer is a fairly popular style refrigerator. However, making sure the kitchen has enough space for the large door to open and close could pose an inconvenience.
- Side by side. These refrigerators appear like a French door refrigerator, but the smaller side is the freezer and the larger side is the refrigerator. While the doors allow for more ease in smaller spaces, these don’t offer much room at all inside – especially if you are looking to organize the space.
- French door. French door refrigerators are incredibly popular – and for good reason. You will find that they offer a lot of added convenience. These refrigerators have two French doors up top so you don’t break your back looking in the refrigerator. And, at least one drawer (maybe two) at the bottom – allowing ample storage space.
- 4-door French door. Perhaps one of the newest refrigerators on the market, this one has two sets of French doors – one for the refrigerator and one set for the freezer.
What Features Are You Looking For?
Recessed handles give you a smooth, sleek finish without any protrusion. As odd as it may sound, this reduces the amount of space needed to install the refrigerator, as you do not need to account for the handles. Depending on the design of your kitchen, this could perhaps be the best option for you.
An automatic icemaker is a relatively common feature. And, while it is not necessarily standard, it is a relatively more common feature.
The LED lighting is energy efficient. It looks nice and is a great touch to any refrigerator. The LED lighting provides just the right amount of light right where you need it.
Having a door alarm is important for those who don’t like to waste food. Just in case that door doesn’t make it all the way shut or if you hold it open too long, having a mild reminder that you are letting all the cold air out of your refrigerator is a convenient, energy-efficient, and money-saving feature.
These are just a few of the most popular features. Be sure to check out all that is available and discover what would add value to your new refrigerator.
Know Your Lifestyle and Needs
If you are someone who enjoys spending time in the kitchen preparing homemade meals and baked goods for your family, then you need a refrigerator that can live up to your expectations. It needs to be sturdy and strong, made of a durable metal such as stainless steel.
Because you access your refrigerator all the time – and so does everyone in your family – you can expect that there will be a lot of fingerprints, smudges, and food smears that find their way onto the doors and handles. This means having a refrigerator that allows you to easily clean it inside and out without having to worry about having the proper cleaning materials.
Of course, having a refrigerator that can hold everything you need it to in a nice, convenient and organized manner is important, too. No one likes to dig for food. And, besides, without any sort of organization, you may find that leftovers get pushed to the back and out of sight. Moldy Pad Thai anyone? Gross! You need to be able to easily see everything in your refrigerator.
Measure and Measure Again
Refrigerators come in various sizes. Depending on the size of your kitchen – or at least the size of the area designated for your refrigerator – you will want to make sure what you purchase will fit perfectly within the space.
Never go with your first measurement. Instead, measure the space and then measure again. There are few things worse than buying an appliance that is either too small or too large for the space.
Is This the Perfect Refrigerator for You?
If you are looking for the perfect refrigerator, consider the pro-style refrigerators from Thor Kitchen. For instance, model number HRF3601F. This is a 36-inch freestanding stainless steel French door refrigerator with lots to offer.
- Counter-Depth French Door
- 2-Drawer Freezer provides better organization
- A full-width chiller drawer provides flexible storage
- Retractable shelf designed to fit taller items with ease
- Dual cycle and dual air-cooled refrigeration system
- 2 large humidity controlled fresh food drawers
- Automatic ice-maker
And these are just a few of the perks you will receive with this refrigerator.
As you begin your search for the perfect kitchen refrigerator, consider all the things that you would like your refrigerator to do for you. But, be sure to find one that is high-quality and made to withstand heavy use.
That way your refrigerator will never look dull or worn but, instead, be a beautiful addition to your home’s kitchen for many years to come.